Tinting your windows at home seems like an odd choice at first glance, but through the years, the benefits of window tints have extended from vehicles to residential and commercial use. Homeowners like you who want a subtle makeover that can transform your space more than meets the eye can make the most of the following advantages of window tinting:
- Protects interior furnishing, flooring, and upholstery from fading due to sunlight exposure;
- Bouncing off the heat from the sun and promoting efficient energy consumption for your air conditioning unit;
- Enhancing insulation by mitigating temperature energy leaks;
- Lower electricity bills due to better energy efficiency and insulation;
- Welcomes more natural light, minus the glare, heat, and other negative effects associated with sunlight;
Seeing as tinting your residential windows can elevate your home living experience in more ways than one, the next step often begs the question among weekend warriors and DIYers: is it better to do the tinting yourself to save money or hire a professional to get the job done flawlessly?
DIY vs Professional Window Installation: Exploring Your Options
Pros of DIY Window Tinting
If you’re a seasoned DIYer who wants to tackle window tinting on your own, here are the benefits of taking over the job!
- Money-Saving – Seeing as you don’t need to pay for the labour of professional installers, there’s no doubt that going DIY for your window tinting project can save hundreds of dollars from your pockets. You only need to invest in the kits, time, and effort to install tints!
Cons of DIY Tinting
Even with a variety of window tinting kits available in stores, from premium to cheaper options for different budgets, it doesn’t change the fact that installing window tints take some technical know-how and expertise to do it effortlessly. That’s why going the DIY route results in more disadvantages for you, such as the following:
- Quality – As mentioned above, DIY window tinting requires plenty of time and the right skills, so the task will be challenging even for enthusiastic weekend warriors. Despite putting in your backbreaking effort, there is a high chance that the result will not be as high-quality as a professional installation.
Pros of Professional Window Tinting
Professionals have the right equipment, experience, and expertise to apply tints to windows soundly, so hiring an installer can guarantee the following advantages:
- Premium Quality – Since professional window tint installers have the proper experience and training, transforming your window treatments are sure to be pristine with little-to-no downtime. They can make quick work of your window tints, all while promising flawless results!
- Guarantees and Warranties – In case mistakes are made along the way, a DIY won’t be able to do anything but start over from scratch. This doubles your budget and beats the purpose of going DIY, but when professional installers make a mistake, they offer guarantees and warranties to ensure you’re satisfied and covered if the outcome is less than your expectations!
Cons of Professional Window Tinting
- Cost – Naturally, hiring a professional means you’ll have to shell out a higher price for their quality services.
The Bottom Line: Choosing the Ideal Option When Installing Window Tints
Applying tints to your window is the kind of upgrade that can make or mar your home’s curb appeal and energy efficiency for years to come. Seeing the long-lasting, beneficial changes it can make to your humble abode; it’s worth trusting the job of installing window tints in the hands of professional window companies like Premier Tint!
How Can We Help Upgrade your Windows?
If you’re looking to install a window film in Australia to protect your furnishings and flooring from fading due to sun exposure, check out our extensive selection of window tints at Premier Tint. Made for different purposes, our window films can improve your property’s privacy, reduce heat, and block harmful UV light without compromising your view of the great outdoors.